Undergrad syntax course materials
Tom Wasow's class on syntax was "an introduction to the basic concepts of modern syntactic theory through the development of a rigorous grammar of a substantial fragment of English."
In particular, the class introduces the HPSG syntactic framework (Head-driven Phrase Structure). The textbook is the very readable Bender, Sag, and Wasow (2003), Syntactic Theory: A Formal Introduction (recommendation: use the second edition).
- First thoughts (pdf)
- Refresher on features (pdf)
- Adding in semantics (pdf)
- Binding (pdf)
- Chapter 9 and beyond (pdf)
- Questions about the final (pdf)
- Advice for the final (pdf)
If you'd like graduate-level stuff on syntax, check out this page.